How to diagnose slow startup and login items?

Trying to figure out why Macbook Air (Mojave 10.14.6) startup seems to be taking longer than normal. I have updated some software which may be the culprit. I’m also willing to wait a little to see if Mojave fixes itself. The questions I have are

1. Is there a way to time the startup sequence all the way to when the last login item either starts or is done running? So a rough estimate of time until it’s usable and has at least loaded the bulk of login apps and background dock apps?
  2. I can’t find where Cardhop gets loaded on startup. I’ve looked in
  • my login items
  • ~/Library/LaunchAgents
  • /System/Library/LaunchAgents
  • /System/Library/LaunchDaemons
  • /Library/LaunchAgents
  • /Library/LaunchDaemons

Apple is having an outage that is affecting network calls macOS makes on startup.

The slowness seems to be over for me, after a reboot, so it might be for you as well.

Good to know. I’m still curious about the original questions as a diagnostic exercise.

Also begs the questions what does ocsp.apple.com do?

Apps can install their own launchd plists, I think due to sandboxing.

The easiest way to find all the startup items is KnockKnock:

Just took a look. CardHop still isn’t shown as one of the items there. I love Cardhop but I found it strange that it’s on the only I can’t find through all these.

I figured it out. I installed Cardhop in my user application directory - KnockKnock doesn’t look there to find any login items.