How to force WiFi login page?

I work for a retail store that has guest WiFi which is necessary cause the cell service in the area is terrible. My iPhone 6s worked on the WiFi for ever, there was a pop up login screen when I originally connected and never had to see it again. However I just got an Xr and it says I’m connected but I’m really not. I’ve tried captive.apple and 1.1.1.1 and example.com and everything that I’ve seen in the threads but nothing works…pleeeeaasse help me out

Try forgetting the network in Settings > WiFi, and tapping the circled-‘i’ Info-button.

!

!

Surf to neverssl.com, that should force the login page

1 Like

I tried forgetting the network then turning off the WiFi and restarting my phone and then trying again and nothing. The WiFi logo shows on the top but it still says it can’t connect to the server

I tried that it just says that it can’t connect to server. I’ve tried it using the same WiFi on my old phone and it works fine

I’ve also tried captive.apple.com on a phone that’s already fully connected to the WiFi to try and find the url for the WiFi log on page and it just says “success” but no new url

The “Success” message is all I ever get when owing to captive.apple.com from a fully connected device.

you may try browsing to the IP address of the router, eg 172.20.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 which may cause the login page to appear as it should.

You can find out the Router IP by looking at the details of the connection.

If you have a 169.254… IP address and no router then the network has not assigned you an IP address and you will need to try renew lease, toggle aeroplane mode or restart the phone. If you still get 169.254… you will need to talk to the network provider, perhaps your device has been somehow blacklisted.