How to get notified of relative's sleep iOS Health app?

A relative shares their health info via the Health app on iOS.

But I often have to scroll to the end every morning in the sharing tab of my Health app to see the person’s amount of sleep that night.

Does anyone know if theree is a way to get notified of this kind through the Health app? Or a faster way for me to learn this info, perhaps via a 3rd party app?

You can write a shortcut (on the relative’s phone) that calculates the amount of time they slept and sends that to you as a text upon their waking. I’m hoping there’s an easier way

1 Like

Oh! That sounds awesome! Can you help me set that up??

Here’s what I came up with. I’m sure someone could make it more efficient. It was trickier than I expected since you can’t really get the last day’s sleep duration easily out via Shortcuts.

You’d have to make an automation on your relative’s phone that would send you the results of this every morning. I’m not sure this is as efficient as just scrolling down to the bottom of the sharing tab, though.

(this picture is not very helpful unless you download and blow it up, but the link should get you the shortcut)

2 Likes

WOW!! Impressive work! Thank you so much! I’ll try to figure it out and see if I can make it work. It really means a lot. Thanks you!!

Wasn’t really working for me. I use Tantissima’s AutoSleep and they have built in shortcuts that allows for this.

I might get app for my relative and set up a shortcut that way. But how do I make that shortcut either:

a. run on itself every morning once AutoSleep has a sleep report ready?
or
b. prompt the user to press a button to send this report manually?

1 Like

So much shorter than what I made! Glad there’s an app that does this easily. I’m surprised Apple Health doesn’t (or at least I didn’t find it).

1 Like