How to I add "send to email" to the share sheet when sharing from a screenshot on macOS?

When I take a screen shot on macOS, I want an option to email that screenshot. I thought, the share sheet will have that option. But it does not. see below:

When I click more, I still do not see Mail.app option.

Any help is greatly appreciated…Ideally, I want an option where it emails using the default mail client.

thanks

I actually have a similar problem with my wife‘s MacBook - in this case it‘s notes that doesn‘t appear. Ideas would be great.

Doesn’t it depend on where the screen shot goes? Clipboard? Preview? File accessible via Finder? The latter two ways already have the “share” feature built in. That work?

I use the /Applications/Utilities/Screenshot.app to control where it goes.

1 Like

I just checked my macs and mail is definitely a sharesheet option for screenshots.

Strange. What happens if you run this from Terminal:

screencapture -Mi

Does it give you the screenshot in a new email message?

Just wondering: what is this B icon with the Mail name on it?

Guessing this may have something to do with it.

I was thinking the same thing. That’s why I wondered what would happen when running the screencapture manually with the -M option (open in a new Mail message).

Maybe check which program is associated with email?

• Open the Mail app.
  • Choose Mail → Preferences, then click General.
  • Choose an email app from the ”Default email reader” menu.

It might be there’s another app that has inserted itself?

2 Likes

Hello

It seems the bumpr app was causing the issue. I have since changed the default mail app to mail and it worked.

thank you @ldebritto @evanfuchs @JKoopmans for pointing me in the right direction.

Bumper is a great app which I use to open certain links in different browsers. For example, I know the Citibank website has never worked well for me on Safari so I always open Citibank on Firefox. All my Webex links from my calendar also open in Firefox.

Bumpr can do the same with email links - open links in different email apps. Obviously this causing issues elsewhere.

1 Like

@MereCivilian will bumpr open up different profiles in brave/chrome? I use several profiles to maintain bookmarks.

It opens the last profile that was used. Don’t think you can indicate a specific profile.