How to paste calendar availability?

Hi, everyone!

At my new job, I’m constantly writing out scheduling emails and it’s starting to get tedious to format text like “Thursday, January 14th from 1:30 - 2:30 PM EST” fifty times a day.

Are there any apps where I can copy a time slot and paste a nicely formatted text version of it? I know similar features exist on some calendar apps, but I’m looking to copy and paste times where there aren’t events yet.

If I select and copy an entry in Apple Calendar, it pastes like this:

Scheduling Committee Meeting
Scheduled: Jan 13, 2021 at 1:15 PM to 2:15 PM, EST

Copied from Fantastical, it pastes like this

Jan 13, 2021 at 1:15 PM - 2:15 PM
Scheduling Committee Meeting
Conference Room 234b

Does that help?

Also, I believe – without testing – a clipboard app like Copied can be configured to parse the clipboard contents and “format” it.

Are you asking about when you need to share availability of when someone can book a meeting with you? There’s a feature that does this in Outlook for iOS. I haven’t seen it on a Mac, though. In the iOS app, when writing an email, you can add availability and it opens your calendar. You select some time ranges and then it pastes those ranges in a nicely formatted text block in the email message.

Details:

The common response to something like this would be to use a tool like Doodle, but often times that is overkill, so I’m with you on the need for something simple to do it on the Mac!

1 Like

I haven’t tried this, but a Google search returned this with a Mac app. Pasting here for reference.

Another option, if what you are after is the ability for someone to schedule time with you, is WhenWorks, now owned by Rosemary Orchard of Automators, Nested Folders and iOS Today.

Calendly has a free version

WOW! Thanks for all these options, everyone! These are all so, so good. I’ll experiment and see what works, but I’d love even more suggestions. The problems are that I have to be the person to propose the times for meetings, and I can’t use a third-party service.