I Am excited About Apple Reminders Smart Lists

When iOS 15 first came out, Apple reminders could be upgraded to use smart lists. But I chose not to upgrade because I had a few older devices that were not able to upgrade.

This is no longer an issue so yesterday I chose to upgrade Apple reminders to include smart lists. Boy I am glad I did.

Smart lists adds very good functionality to Apple reminders. Now I can choose to show reminders / lists based on priority or due date etc. And this really helps with productivity.

Previously I was using the advanced features with GoodTask app to get this kind of functionality and it is still better than Apple reminders, however this new feature is very well appreciated.

Are you aware of the significant enhancements to Reminders Smart List in iOS 16? They bring Reminders much closer to OF’s perspectives. I can’t wait…

2 Likes

Yes this sounds great!

2 Finger Select - WHAT? I did not know - I LOVE THIS!

This is a very good video to check out.

2 Likes

Whaatttt :exploding_head: :exploding_head::exploding_head:

[20 chars]

2 Likes

I just installed the iOS 16 beta on my secondary iPhone. Having been a happy GoodTask user for the last 12 months or so, the new Reminders smart list features look perfect for my needs in a GTD-style workflow. Can’t wait now to install the new OSes on my other devices at public release

2 Likes

Likewise! I’m a heavy user of Reminders and Apple Notes. The new features will add significant enhancements to both apps.

2 Likes

Still like smart lists? I still don’t get it. But I like Apple reminders.

I can’t speak for others, but I have several useful, smart lists in Apple Reminders and I have started using the smart list feature in Notes as well. I like the smart list feature.

1 Like

But what exactly is a smart list? Can you share an example for reminders and notes if you don’t mind? I’m still trying to figure it out. How to use it in a good way.

I use Smart Lists like OmniFocus Perspectives. Smart Lists are not yet as powerful as OF Perspectives but are good enough to meet my needs. Below is an example of what I call a “Critical Items” Smart List in Reminders. I have this smart list pinned to ensure I’m aware of items that are critical and deserving of my constant awareness. The good news is that I have no critical items pending. :grinning:

I’m still experimenting with smart lists in Apple Notes. But here is an example of a smart list of my interview notes for any note tagged with both #coach and #interivew.

I hope this helps.

5 Likes

Thanks, it helps. I think I need to do just keep experimenting.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing how you are doing this. I’ve created a pinned smart list based on tags for my website and I’m really happy with it.

1 Like

Yes this is very cool - love it!

1 Like

I’m using OF 3 on a perpetual license and have no intention of upgrading to 4. If I feel that it’s time to move on from V3 at any point Reminders will be my first stop

1 Like