I Get The New Power Beats

I titled a post I don’t get Air Pods. They had too many shortcoming… Yes, yes these are personal observations please defend your choice of gear elsewhere.

But after watching Rene’s video about the new Power Beats my likes and concerns are all addressed — from battery life to physical controls, plus many other useful features. Not abandoning my Plantronics setup. But, if Beats work as well as I hope/expect, the Plantronics are gong to be my back up device.

4 Likes

I’m really curious about these: I use AirPods everyday for running and while I like a lot about them, I really, really, really miss having actual controls. I wish there would be a try before you buy option though, ‘cause my main use case is outdoor running and the AirPods’ saving grace is that they let in some ambient sound and don’t amplify sounds like breathing, footfalls, and heartbeats.

1 Like

I had the non-pro, but left them on a train ages ago. Wanted to get new ones, but I ended up getting the Sony XM3s since my needs have changed. (I work in a building under construction now.) Now I’m planning to get the Pros to replace my Airpods, and keep using the XM3s for NC at work and for travel, and the Pros for my daily commute and phone calls.

I’m considering using one headphone at a time when dodging cars. Haven’t tried it yet as I’m still haven’t purchased.

1 Like

Let us know how that goes!