I need a workflow- how did you create yours?

Ahh yes, I don’t store images except my photos, and they’re in whatever format iphone takes photos in nowadays. That bit of my life is definitely not future proof :joy: (I make photo books of my favourites though… paper still wins with photo memories I think!)

Actually I am wondering now, what is considered the best format to future proof image files?

I love stuff like this - thanks for posting it.

Here’s something similar I wrote on Medium about my Data Capture workflow:

It includes a diagram that’s far too big to post here around how I capture content from various channels. I use Readwise to pull a lot of it together, though.

Also, I love the fact you’ve included “Output” from Obsidian in there. It’s something that’s missing from mine and something I’m constantly having to remind myself about.

I think I’m paraphrasing Mike Schmitz by saying that if you’re going to go to all the effort of capturing the notes in the first place, you as may well force yourself to decide what you think of them.

4 Likes

For digital archives, the standard is still a high resolution TIFF. You save in the highest resolution you can, in a non-compressed file format.

TIFF is an extensible format though that can have many variations, include various colour spaces, compression algorithms and proprietary tags/information.

JPEG is a probably even better choice due to being so ubiquitous (on the web) and widely supported - though uses lossy compression.