I wonder whether the 12.9” iPad has a future

Yes, it’s my worst apple purchase ever. I just don’t want to deal with the potential scammers on eBay… so I don’t know what I am going to do.

I happen to have lots of things on a shelf that turn up useful one day. :slightly_smiling_face:

I sold a used iPad to gazelle.com some years ago, and they still have a 4 star rating on Trustpilot.

Or you could donate it to a worthy individual or group. Seems like anything would be better than let it be forgotten to death.

1 Like

I just wanted to thank you all for this thread. Between my web design work, video editing, audio production, and programming, I’ve become more and more forced into using a Mac for my productivity needs. Even my guitar amps are all hooked up via USB now!

My iPad is basically only used when i want to watch something while i use the indoor bike. It’s been super neat to read hope you all use yours.

4 Likes

I don’t know if this was a typo, sarcasm or what? :rofl:

1 Like

I once had a user with a 17 inch MacBook Pro. That thing was huge! If Apple releases a 17 inch iPad Pro the user should get fitness credit for carrying it around. :grinning:

3 Likes

I loved and miss my 17" MacBook Pro…

2 Likes

I have a 12.9 iPad that is used for reading books. I read a lot of math and ML books where I can scribble derivations on the side of the book itself. Not possible on the MacBook.

Also, there is some evidence that writing with hands and deriving things ab initio is good for learning.

BTW I do have a 14" M2 MacBook Pro which is used for all other things Mac.

2 Likes

Sorry, I meant more the 1998 Edition iPad

1 Like

… or this was the most retroactive Apple product leak ever :grin:

Now I’m picturing what an iPad would have looked like in 1998 :rofl:

This with a touchscreen

3 Likes

I used a touch screen in the late 90s, it was not very accurate and was built into a CRT, or more accurately onto the front of a CRT.

I think that the 14” screen had about 20 addressable zones.

3 Likes

Maybe he was thinking it was a Chromebook :wink:

Quite likely, it was something like that. Me? I am very Mac-oriented. If someone says, “the Air is fine,” I think MacBook Air (and not iPad Air). If someone says, “mini,” I think Mac mini (and not iPad mini or HomePod mini.) :slightly_smiling_face: :man_shrugging: I usually don’t think of Chromebooks at all.

1 Like