I'm confused about linking to Drafts

Howdy,

Like many of you I love Drafts, but recently I came across something strange that I can’t explain.

I was trying to reference one Draft by using the [[Reference]] which allowed me to pick the correct draft to jump to.

However, when I then click on the [[Reference]] in this case called '[[Elizabeth’s landing page example]] instead of it jumping right to it it shows me a box saying Create Draft - as though it didn’t already exist - which is certainly does.

What’s going on here?

I know this CAN work as I’ve used it the other way around.

So in the ‘Elizabeth’s landing page example’ Draft I have referenced [[The Landing Page]]. It does jump right to that page. It just doesn’t want to do it the other way around and doesn’t like [['Elizabeth’s landing page example]].

Weird right???

I am just guessing, but

the ’ may be something Drafts has issues dealing with.

It may be an idea to remove the ’ temporarily. If the ’ is the issue, it may be an idea to file a bug report with the developer. I am aware of why you are using the ', but it for sure is something that can cause issues with “filenames”.

2 Likes

I have just tested this in Drafts with these exact filenames as in your case (including the ) and have not had any issues – links work properly.

There’s something wrong with apostrophes in your screenshots. The document title containts a straight apostrophe. However, the ‘Create Draft’ dialog box offering to create a new document shows a slanted apostrophe (a single quotation mark) in the filename offered. These are not the same Unicode characters. Start by double-checking this in the link created.

2 Likes

Thanks folks. It seems to have resolved itself.

1 Like