Import YouTube to Apple Music iOS

Hi,
I’d like to import a playlist from YouTube into Apple Music but have been unable to do so. I did purchase one app but just couldn’t do it although I contacted its tech support. He kept claiming that the songs were already in Apple Music which they are not. (I searched). So I cancelled the subscription. (I don’t care for subscriptions anyway.)

Any ideas?

Which app did you use? And does the app import the list of songs in a YouTube playlist, or claim to actually rip YouTube streams and add the songs to Apple Music?

Hi, bowline!

I used Soundiiz. I am not sure as I didn’t even know there was a difference!

I understand the difference now regarding ripping.

I used SongShift to export from Apple Music to Spotify - worked like a charm, and it supports YouTube as well.

It can export to all major streaming services

1 Like

Ah synchronizing playlists. (Although there are lots of independent Mac apps that will rip songs and download them, I wondered if Apple would have approved any of its app stores.)

You didn’t really purchase an app then. Unlike SoundShift (free, with a $4.99 in-app-purchase upgrade) Soundiiz is an online service that takes your logins and creates playlists and saves favorites from one service to another.

If you are sure your Apple Music doesn’t have any transferred playlists or transferred Likes, and you
just paid for a month of Soundiiz, then you’re just out $4.50 - and I’d just walk away and try SongShift. If you prepaid for a year you might want to dispute the $36 payment with your credit card company.

1 Like

Wow. I did not embrace the Automator within. Recently switched to Spotify and added everything by hand. Playlists I wrote a script to copy over based off of an exported xml from from iTunes. This is so much easier.

I upgraded to the Pro features right away to go around the restrictions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah it’s kinda neat :slight_smile:

You’re right, bowline! But I only signed up for a month, thankfully!

Thanks, Tonny! I’m definitely going to try it! Looks great!

1 Like

You’re welcome :slight_smile: