Impressed with AI in PDFExpert

Yesterday, while on the treadmill, I listened to episode 730 of the MPU podcast with Jeff Richarson. His use of PDFExpert’s new AI feature in his legal work intrigued me, so I decided to try it.

I must say, I’m impressed. I’ve fed in large PDFs and asked for summaries and outlines. It does a remarkable job. While I will always “trust but verify” AI results, I find it a productivity booster. In addition to AI in PDFExpert, I find that with careful prompting, AI can be an effective “editor” for some of my writing. AI technology will only get better. I’m far more enthusiastic about AI than I am about spatial computing. While both have tremendous potential to make our work better and more efficient, I believe AI will have a more significant impact.

I have also been experimenting with Google’s ImageFX (Beta). While I’ve had mixed results, I see tremendous potential, particularly as I improve at creating effective prompts.

7 Likes

I had paused my subscription to PDF Expert and didn’t know this feature was an option. I could see this as the reason I re-subscribe. Help me take in more information quickly so I can learn/summarize/action that information.

1 Like

AI Chat is a recent addition to PDF Expert, it rolled out in December:

Thank you for sharing that!