Installing Windows 3.1 on an iPhone From Floppy Disks!

You may wish to peruse Censorship by Apple - Wikipedia

1 Like

“Censorship” also seems a little dramatic. Why is it referred to as such?

I refer you to the first paragraph of Censorship - Wikipedia

I was talking about the title of the Wikipedia article.

I am too. “Censorship” is a perfectly-valid term, at least according to the definition in the other Wikipedia article. :slight_smile:

Yes, but it’s often used in a dramatic sense.

Right, but the fact that it’s used by some people in an overly-dramatic sense doesn’t mean that it can’t be used in the normal way when it applies.

A company removing content that they deem inappropriate is censorship. That’s exactly what the word means.

Well, I guess that’s fair enough. :man_shrugging:

I seriously have no idea why this would enter into someone’s mind as something to do! It would be like making a mashed fly and minced tick sandwich on the best French baguette you could get! Sure you could do it, and the platform would support it, but no one in their right mind would want to actually have it, other than to prove you could! (IMHO!)

I got the heebeejeebies when I was forced to downgrade from Macintosh OS 8.2 and had to use and support Windows 3.1 professionally when I worked at Nortel. I actually quit that job for that singular reason, and cashed out my Nortel stock and bought Apple at ~$75 a share. It has split four times (I think) since then, so my cost basis is in the low teens. Fortunately, I’ve never had to “only” use Windows since. Sure, there are the wacky departments that use it for projects here and there, but the rest of my career was pure Mac, and I never looked back!

Yes, brilliant, but WHY? Sounds like a ton of time spent on a solution in search of a problem…

I wouldn’t mind if someone gets MacOS running on an iPad Pro. That would make my day!

Well, why not, right? :wink:

that video was only about making a lot of noise over nothing to get your clicks. iDOS 2 reads disk images fine, there was no need to go through all of that ridiculousness. We have been running Windows on it for years, as well as compiling code in Turbo C++, playing the Ultimas, Kings Quest, and running anything you have ever ran on a DOS computer.

Just buy a celular iPad and Screens. Install Screens Connect on your Mac at home and voila, you have an ipad running…er streaming macOS.

I guarantee there are iPads in the apple labs running macOS but Timmy doesn’t share.

That’s what I do at the moment.

I use TeamViewer to connect to a remote Mac and also use Windows 365 to have the best of both worlds.

Works well, but not yet a native experience.

That’s the boring method though! :wink: