IOS 15 bug? Selecting text

Is it just me, or is there something wonky about selecting text in the new iOS? I can select the first few words fine, but when I try to pull on the little handle, my screen scrolls quickly upwards (even when I’m selecting text beneath my initial selection) and it doesn’t highlight anything. Since this isn’t what I wanted, that’s ok. When I flick the screen back down, the first few words I originally selected are still highlighted, but really that feature is currently broken.

This isn’t true in all apps, such as here in the forum post it doesn’t happen. But on some Safari websites (I just tried in NerdWallet for example) and in a couple of my other apps, it’s a total—pun intended—drag.

Any ideas about what’s going on and what I can do about it other than use a keyboard, which I mostly do anyway.

Thanks!

I cannot replicate exactly what you are describing but I have to admit that selecting text feels different sometimes.

I had a look at the manual:

It did not change in comparison to iOS14, but Apple wants us to tap more and not to drag the handle but to “double-tap and hold the first word in the block, then drag to the last word”.

Selecting text works best for me when I try not to drag the handles but to extend the selection from the first word upwards or from the last word downwards (tap and hold and then move the finger). “Works best for me” does not mean that “it just works”. :laughing: But it works better that way when I am not trying to move the actual handle.

3 Likes

No, but I’ve had the same problem. I chalked it up to a .0 release bug.

1 Like