iOS 16 Mail reminders

Is there not a way to archive the messages I’m wanting reminder see about in the new ios16 mail feature? I would like to be reminded about it, but I would also like to clear it out of my inbox until it is time to be reminded about it.

I posted about this a while back while running the iOS 16 beta. Might help

1 Like

Unfortunately, no. It’s crazy. They have to stay in your inbox.

2 Likes

If that is the sad case a reminder feature loses its value. I could simply flag it in the inbox. :pensive:

2 Likes

100%.

It’s like taking your car in to have AWD installed, then finding out they put racing slicks on it. Kind of defeats the purpose.

1 Like

You can archive the message manually, but there isn’t an automatic option

1 Like

unfortunately I’ve not found a way, which makes it the least useful feature of the year for me.

1 Like

Yes, but it looks really cool. :rofl:

2 Likes

So if I snooze an email and then archive it, it will still remind me at the date and time I designated? Even if it’s not in the Inbox? That’s not SO bad if that’s the case.

But if archiving it removes the reminder then I would like to nominate Apple’s version of “snooze” as the “most useless feature of the 2020’s”.

1 Like

That’s not what I meant (sorry if I wasn’t clear). I was referring to the method of sending a mail to the Reminders app (highlight the subject and then Share it - works on IOS and MacOS). Doing that creates a Reminder with a link back to the mail. You can then archive the mail and the link will still work

I can’t get Remind Me reminders to work at all - whether that’s the implementation or me, I don’t know

1 Like