iOS app to Chat with AI via API?

On MacOS, I use MindMac and MacGPT.

MindMac allows me to chat to OpenAI and Calud via API.

Is there a similar app for iOS? Has anyone used Pal Chat?

1 Like

I’ve used Pal. It works well enough and does what you’re looking for. The developer frequently updates it with additional functionality and support for new platforms as they come out.

1 Like

Maybe check out bots in Telegram?

That app has a bunch of features I never use - and I’ve barely scratched the surface when it comes to bots. But I do use it as my main chat app for friends and family, simply because it’s way better than things like iMessage and Messenger - which is the big one here in Norway, for some reason. :man_shrugging:t2: (Choosing chat app based on features and quality is a crazy thought, though - I know! Lock-in is brutal… But that’s a separate issue!)

So, yeah - you would get really solid UX, which is available on all platforms if you want to check your logs and such.

This one seems pretty good. :point_down:t2: If you want to, you can also fire up your own if you don’t want to use theirs. Creating bots takes like five minutes on Telegram.

Features

• Low latency replies (it usually takes about 3-5 seconds)
  • No request limits
  • Message streaming (watch demo)
  • GPT-4 and GPT-4 Turbo support
  • GPT-4 Vision support
  • Group Chat support (/help_group_chat to get instructions)
  • DALLE 2 (choose :woman_artist: Artist mode to generate images)
  • Voice message recognition
  • Code highlighting
    *> 15 special chat modes: :woman_student:t3: Assistant, :woman_technologist:t3: Code Assistant, :woman_artist: Artist, :brain: Psychologist, :rocket: Elon Musk and other. You can easily create your own chat modes by editing config/chat_modes.yml
  • Support of ChatGPT API
  • List of allowed Telegram users
  • Track $ balance spent on OpenAI API

I’ve tested Dola AI a bit, which is a calendar bot with chatting capabilities as well.

And here’s a channel that makes and links to a bunch of bots, including one for Gemini.

Something to consider! Very quick to test at least. :slight_smile:

Currently, I just use ChatGPT plus. I’ve been thinking of switching to Typing Mind and using API’s. A lot of people on Reddit seem to like that app.

Try MindMac. Looks a lot cleaner than TypingMind. You can also save your conversations into folders.

1 Like

Does it work on iOS though?

The reason I’ve stuck with ChatGPT plus is I like the iOS app and the ability to have a conversation with it.

TypingMind is on Setapp.

Thank you for mentioning Pal – I haven’t heard of that one before but it seems to support all the major APIs and the app is free so I’ll play with it. It is really difficult to find a good AI app for iOS in a sea of junk that was produced and put up on store in the early days of the gold rush.

It’s not free (there’s a lifetime unlock if you’re using your own API key), but Lori looks good, is regularly updated, and supports iCloud sync and Siri integration. It only supports OpenAI though.