iOS/iPadOS 14 Universal Search, Shortcuts & Workflows

I think many in this forum will find this article of great interest and value.

1 Like

I read this with some interest, but I’m hitting a major bug:

Invoking a shortcut via command-space launches the shortcut just fine.
But the keyboard focus remains in the search field, rather than in the shortcut and there doesn’t seem to be any way to change that.

Perhaps this is a bug that will go away with 14.1 or 14.2. But it makes me wonder how the SweetSetup folks got around it.

Anybody else seeing this behavior?

I’m seeing the same behavior you’re describing.

@mikeschmitz writes for The Sweet Setup. Perhaps he can get Josh Ginter to drop by this thread and shed some light on the situation.

I’ll see what I can do :wink:

1 Like

Have a look at your search and Siri settings. You have pretty granular control over what shows up in search.

Were you able to find anything out about how this is working over at TSS?

My keyboard continues not to change focus to a shortcut when the shortcut is launched via spotlight.

Josh did show me a video of it working correctly for him. Said he has run into that issue once or twice though, and hasn’t been able to pinpoint why or how. I’ll update as I get more info.

1 Like

I also had this problem. A super quick (if slightly annoying) solution is to simply type command space again before starting to type.

I came to complain about the same problem. Thanks for the hack/fix. It may not be how it’s “supposed” to work, but for today, I’ll take it, haha!