iOS release —> increased battery drain —> Apple event

I know Apple has had their hand slapped for this before, but it seems like it’s still a thing. Battery drain on my year-old iPhone 11 Pro seems to have increased lately.

I think that unless there’s a general trend (and I’ve seen nothing from anyone else) this could be down to your individual device and potentially something you’ve changed…

Myself on an iPhone X, I noticed a similar issue and I found that the Track and Trace app was using between 9 and 18% of my battery each day.

Hah. I know exactly what you mean regarding this phenomenon. I’m at 87% battery health on my 11 pro, so perhaps I’ve recently crossed some longevity threshold.

@JohnAtl if this is related to device throttling you can disable it. This is buried deep under the tab under battery health.

`

To find out if your device is being throttled, go to the Battery tab and look for the button labeled Battery Health–tap on that.

On the screen that appears look for the area that says Peak Performance Capability. Under that you’ll see a bit of text saying that your battery is currently supporting normal peak performance and that built-in software and hardware that counteracts performance impacts may be noticed as your battery ages, or that performance management has been applied. If it says the latter, throttling has been enabled on your device.

Along with the message saying that performance management has been applied you should see the option to toggle it off, and disabling it will disable device throttling. If you don’t see the toggle your battery is in good shape and you don’t have anything to worry about.

To find out if your device is being throttled, go to the Battery tab and look for the button labeled Battery Health–tap on that.

Wow, that’s very disappointing. I have a 3 year old iPhone X and am at 84%

It’s not special to this phone. I’m sure we don’t have the same usage and charging habits.

1 Like

Mine gets wirelessly charged to full every single night (I turned off the setting to top it up as I get up) and used during the day, but I rarely get down to 20% left during the day.

Not here - year-old iPhone 11 Pro. Battery life is as good as evert