iOS TV App File Size

Hi experts! I have several purchased movies in my default iOS “TV” app. I’d like to download some for offline viewing for some upcoming flights. When I click the “download cloud” on the movie everything works as expected, but it downloads the full size, 3+ GB file. I’m only planning to watch this on my phone, so I’d be in much better shape if I could download a smaller, quicker file at lower quality.

I know I can change the quality of streaming video in the TV app settings, but is there a way to change the quality of downloaded video?

Thank you!!

I think you’d have to erase the download, change the quality in TV settings to SD, and then download again.

Unfortunately this still downloads at full quality. As of now it seems download quality is based on the version I originally purchased.

Joseph please follow these steps as i was also searching for it and found below mentioned steps.
Just click on Preferences from menu at the top of the screen. Next, click on Store.
Select your desired video quality for high-definition downloads, then click OK.
It is likely to download the SD form of an iTunes film or TV show, even if you have bought the HD version.
Ingic