iPad 12.9" for a visually impaired person

My mother is 80 years old this year, and has for years depended on her iPad for a lot of her social interaction. Her eyesight is deteriorating however, and het current 10,5" iPad is getting to be a problem.

Since I do not have a 12.9 at hand I have 2 questions:

• Do App icons scale up on iPads over 11"? (Can I make them bigger?)

• Does the 12.9 give me more text in visual area when the text size is set to maximum? So does it give me an advantage over the 11" or 10.5" iPad?

Hope someone can help us! Would be great to have her use her iPads for many years to come!

I haven’t tried it myself, but you have specific features for low vision users under the accessibility section in settings.

I know, but they are barely enough at the moment. I was just wondering if they scaled up on the 12.9, that would probably help her for the next 3-4 years

Putting the iPad and iPhone with the same settings together does not give you much difference.

I recommend asking your question on AppleVis. It is a forum focused on blind and low vision users of Apple products.

2 Likes

Info at this link might help:
https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-change-the-sizes-of-the-icons-on-an-ipad

They mention display zoom on a 12.9" iPad, among other things.

1 Like

Thanks!! Thats a great tip!