iPad back cases

What have y’all done about protection for the back of the iPad? Is it something you find important? I’ve been using a cheap case off amazon that’s comparable with the Smart Keyboard, but I’m not loving the bulk as I do more and more with the pencil or external keyboards.

1 Like

This is working well for me. Apple keyboard cover on the front.

Mine is this one here and I’m quite happy with it. Really good quality for such a low price.

I am using a case from Urban Armor Gear. It has good protection and the front cover can be removed to attach the Smart Keyboard. Good protection and a holder for the Pencil but is a bit bulkier than slim cases.

@Ted_Martin I have been using a wrap by Dbrand for both my iPad Pro and MacBook Pro along with a sleeve.

I have this one, too. I like it a lot. Great feel. Thin and light. Holds the pencil and the pencil cap.

I use the Moko Ultra Slim case recommended by Wirecutter and it’s fine. I wish it could stand portrait.

FWIW, I tend to like a bit of bulk to my cases as I tend to use them without worrying too much about their safety.

Edit: I’d love to find a good keyboard case that separates from the iPad.

The only thing on my iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro 12.9" are their Smart Covers. I don’t worry about the back, and it’s never been a problem.

Same here. I’ve tries several and this is by far my favorite. The Apple Pencil slot makes this.