iPad in Sidecar Mode vs. Portable Secondary Display? Resolution considerations and options

I am using an 11 inch iPad in Sidecar mode as a second display. I have considered upgrading to a 15.6-inch Sidetrak portable display. I keep Fantastical and Reminders on this display but there is not enough space to see them both completely.

I have 2 questions:

1. For a 15.6-inch display, will I see the difference between Full HD and a 4K display (that const considerably more)?

2. Does anyone have any other recommendation for a secondary reference display?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

gswpitt.

1 Like

Do you know if it possible to connect iPad to Mac mini as primary display with SideCar?

1 Like

I’m interested in this as well. Sidecar works great with my person laptop. it won’t work with my employer’s laptop since it they don’t allow iCloud which sidecar requires.

1. For a 15.6-inch display, will I see the difference between Full HD and a 4K display (that const considerably more)?

depends on how close it is to your eyes. especially your use case being non-media, I don’t think it would be worth it to get a 4k screen.

You could try Duet Display. Doesn’t require iCloud, only a companion app.

1 Like

The WSJ happened to have an article on this today.

PDF if needed.

2 Likes