iPad Magic Keyboard on Amazon

It’s available May 30. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08636CB5P/?tag=cult087-20#
They have new Photos of the keyboard in different positions. . Says it weighs 1.8 lb which is the same weight as the current one

The BRYDGE PRO+ is that price… and it isn’t very good, apparently.

You get what you pay for (and Apple always makes you pay some more for their version).

Yeah, I think I’m going to keep an eye out for the Logitech. Or maybe even just get the previous generation Apple iPad trackpad-less keyboard. I find I’m not using the mouse on the iPad as much as I thought I might.

1 Like

I just can’t see spending that kind of money on a keyboard. It kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth as pretty as it is…

A basic keyboard can be inexpensive, true. But this is the same quality keyboard mechanism from the Magic keyboard, plus a trackpad (which together cost $250), plus it’s an iPad Pro cover, plus it gets its power from the iPad Pro itself. Personally, I think the value is there, even if it does seem a little pricey.

The addition of a trackpad (plus the iOS update to give it needed power in text selection) finally makes the iPad a tool for serious writing. And if one does a lot of writing it seems worth it to me. Perhaps not if the iPad is not used for a lot of writing, but certainly for text-centric power users.