iPad Pro 11 Battery Life ...?

Charged up my iPad to 100% on Saturday. Tossed it in my bag (which I carry around with me), and haven’t used it until this morning. Pulled it out of the bag, and the battery is at 6%.

Is this normal?

I realize that cellular, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth use energy - but is that level of drain to be expected?

No, I guess. My iPad Pro (WiFi only version) typically looses about 5 (most of the time) to 10% max of its charge when not in use over night.

What I have noticed on previous builds of the OS that it looses substantially more of its charge when the pencil is being attached to it. Apparently that has gotten better, though, with recent builds.

I would try the usual stuff: restart the iPad, check for battery draining app acitivity. Try to narrow it down step by step.

Agree I would say my battery is largely similar. I don’t have cellular but do leave the pencil attached.

age of the device? my 2017 10.5 iPad Pro start to drain a little faster that it used to, nowadays.

do the battery panel in settings says something?

1 Like

About a year old.

I think I found the problem. Dropbox apparently decided that it needed to run all day (no idea why - there wasn’t anything that wasn’t synced), and that seems to have depleted my battery by over 80% in just over 48 hours.

I turned off all of its permissions, and battery life seems to be more reasonable. I drop 10% or so in standby mode every day, which is to be expected.

2 Likes

ouch that’s weird.

Glad you found the source of the problem :smiley: