iPadOS 13.4 released with cursor support

Yep. I’m still getting the same bug. Obviously 13.4 doesn’t fix this bug

I’m enjoying the cursor, since I use my iPad in an elevated stand all the time.

One question: is it possible to adjust a setting such that the cursor keeps looking like the cursor even when you hover over - for example - an app icon? For some weird reason, when the cursor disappears and makes the app icon look slightly different, I find it disorienting…

I don’t have my iPad around to check at the moment, but I am pretty sure it is this setting in Accessibility:

Hope this helps.

I like the cursor support and as others have said, I’m looking forward to getting the new magic keyboard.

That said, I do have one question about a setting.

On my MBP, I have the trackpad set to select text with three finger drag that does not require pressing down on the trackpad to select the text. I can’t find a similar setting for iPad OS for cursor support. Is this possible and if so, where can this option be set?

Excellent, that works perfectly - thank you!

1 Like

How are people finding the scrolling for non-Apple mice? I have a Logitech G502 mouse which I love but when I plug it into the iPad, scrolling is just painful and I can’t find anyway to change sensitivities or anything.

I’m using a Logitech M535 with a 2018 9.7 iPad. No problem with scrolling.

Tried an older Logitech Performane MX I had lying around. It’s definitely better than the G502 (though has an acceleration I’m not hugely fond of). It’s possible that the iPad doesn’t play well with gaming mice.

Overall, I’d say that the scrolling support is definitely more geared towards touch based scrolling interfaces (e.g Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad). Scroll-wheel based mice aren’t fairing as well.