iPadOS Homescreens!

7 Likes

I think it would nice on the iPhone in landscape, but I regularly use my phone in portrait. It’s rare that I use it in landscape, unless I get a little stand and put it on my desk…but then, that’s what the iPad is doing…haha.

Am I the only one who would like a split view with widgets?

1 Like

I was on the beta and had some lingering issues so I wiped it yesterday and opted for a clean home screen. OmniFocus is there as I look at it for iPad productivity. Otherwise I search for most stuff with spotlight. I only really have things in the dock that I need to drag into various split setups.

Everything else is buried somewhere on the 2nd or 3rd screen.

1 Like

I’d love to see something like that…maybe put it under control Center when you swipe down?

@ccopin
“Spotlight was the best way to do split view in ios 12 ”

Would you elaborate on that. How do you invoke split view from spotlight?

Thanks for this! I could not figure this out because the old interface did not require us to dismiss spolight first. All summer I was bemoaning the death of this feature because I didn’t discover this. (And it’s not exactly easily discoverable.)

Takes a little getting used to but I’m glad that feature is still there. It was one of my most used means to get apps into multitasking and will be again.

See @ChrisUpchurch’s response from earlier in this thread:

I think this feature was dead in the first one to two betas and I was just as worried. I do agree it used to be easier in iOS 12, no extra taps just drag and drop.

1 Like