iPhone 15 Pro Max Battery barely lasts thru the day

When setting up my iPhone 15 Pro Max and using the update from iCloud to phone got so hot it was almost hard to hold.

This is with the new 17.1 OS.

I watch a lot of YouTube videos throughout the day letting them play in the background Which was not a problem on my iPhone 14 Pro Max but with the 15 I’m finding that I can barely make it through the day without having to charge.

Has anybody else experience the 15 Pro Max also running out of battery during the course of the day?

1 Like

Well that’s not reassuring. I’m thinking of getting the 15 Pro Max for its telephoto capabilities (coming from an XS), and part of my consolation prize for having to deal with a bigger phone was going to be enjoying the massive battery. But if it’s consistently failing to deliver….

I know that this would be a pain. But, I would do a fresh install and set it up as a new machine. If it still battery drained like this, I would take it to Apple.

1 Like

Can’t say I have. The battery life has been fantastic. I did an iCloud restore, as well, and after a couple of days the battery settled down and was good to go!

Same. Battery life is pretty much the same as I had with the 13 Pro Max that this 15 Pro Max replaced. I don’t use YouTube much during the day, so perhaps that’s the issue?

I feel like this is a YouTube issue. I seem to recall reading they’d fixed it, either with their app or with the update, but I’ve noticed that unless I force quit YouTube after I’ve used it, there’s still more battery drain than there should be. Not significant enough to be concerned about per se, but still noticeable. This is on a 15 Pro Max loaded using a phone-to-phone transfer from an iPhone 11.