Is there a consolidated way to find movies that are new on streaming?

Completely not a Mac question, but I’m hoping somebody will have a better idea than “Google and click thirty clickbaity headlines”. :slight_smile:

I’m hoping to be able to find a list of all the current movie releases, sortable by the date they release / were released on streaming. My girlfriend and I don’t really care about the theater experience, but we like to watch movies and we’d like to know when the new stuff is coming out.

I’ve been Googling, and not having a lot of luck. Does such a list exist?

1 Like

Try searching for ‘can I stream it’ for others

2 Likes

Wow, TV Guide has become useful again. :smiley: Thanks!

1 Like

TV Guide’s Metascore seems like a very nice way to filter the options, Wayne. Thanks!

1 Like

Try JustWatch. It has some features that may help you find what’s streaming where.

10 Likes

Letterboxd is integrated with Justwatch. If a movie is on your watchlist and you have a Letterboxd Pro account, it will notify you via app/email. It has an iOS app and an AppleTV app.

2 Likes

I use JustWatch when I want to watch something now. I don’t use the search in HBO, Netflix, etc, unless I know for sure it is on that service.

+1 for JustWatch also use Utelly and Utelly Anytime, but these are catered for UK specifically.

JustWatch looks promising. Is it a subscription app? We have two little kids and are learning that certain seasons of certain shows may be available on one platform at no charge and another for an additional fee. Plus, we may find time to watch movies that adults like again… someday.

1 Like

After trying a bunch of other options we also settled on JustWatch.

I’m really starting to hate the vast wasteland that all these streaming services have become. Makes me look fondly back at the days when one just twisted a knob to chose channels.

2 Likes

JustWatch is free, no subscription AFAIK.

1 Like

There is a Pro upgrade which apparently removes ads and adds features but I haven’t splurged for it so cannot provide more info than that. Looks like it’s $2.49 (US)/month.

1 Like

Watcht is good if you know what you want to see but don’t know where it might be streamed.