Is there a keyboard shortcut for selecting the top message?

I have found many shortcuts in Mail. ⌘+1 takes me into the message list, but I can’t find anything to jump to the top. Am using a MBP pro as well as an external keyboard. I’ve tried every modifier I can think of with combinations of pg up and down, arrow keys, etc.

thanks

I’m not sure if there is one. You could always roll your own with Keyboard Maestro? I know someone who has a handy Field Guide for KM too :upside_down_face:

Fair enough. For some reason, I think of KM when needing to automate clicking on certain parts of the screen based on image, but forget about it in cases like this.

Just feels like Mac OS should have some keystroke like ctrl+home/end on Windows…

After a bit of experimenting, I discovered that ⌥⌘↑ deselects the current message(s) in the list. At this point you can press to start navigating from the top of the list.

On a side note, if you choose Mail > Go to Favorite Mailbox you’ll see the keyboard shortcuts for your favorite mailboxes (⌘1, ⌘2, ⌘3, etc.). And **Mail > Move to Mailbox" contains keyboard shortcuts for moving to these mailboxes (⌃⌘1, ⌃⌘2, ⌃⌘3, etc.).

1 Like

Command option up arrow
then down arrow.

It is two keystrokes I guess but really feels quick once you get used to it.

I haven’t tested this extensively, but in most cases, I find that if nothing is already selected in the mailbox or in the message text, two taps of the down arrow selects the top message.