Is there a usb-c to lightning and usb-c charging cable?

I have a Scosche charging station with USB-C 2 fast charge( PD, I think it’s called ) ports. My iPad Pro has a USB-C port but my iPhone 11 Pro only has lightning.

I’m looking for cable with USB-C on the end that plugs in to the charging station, and both Lightning and USB-C on the other end. That way I can use the same cable for USB and Lightning devices.

I did a general Web search and also searched on Amazon. I can’t find a cable the has both USB-C to the charging station and USB-C and Lightning ports on the other end.

Does such a cable just not exist, or are my Web search skills potato?

Update:

What I am looking for is -

• Charging Station side = USB-C Connector
  • Device Side - Both USB-C and Lightning Connectors .

My goal is to avoid switching out cables as the charger will be built into the furniture when I am done. It will take 30 minutes and some swearing to dissemble the furniture and swap cables. This is a custom charging station project I’m working on.

I purchased adapters from lightening to USB-C. They all failed at some point.

Based on the experience, I would no longer go the route of getting adapter or a split cable for my desktop stations. I’d simply get two cables (USB-C to USB-C and USB-C to lightening) and a powered USB-C 3-port hub.

I might carry around a socket plug + one cable + an adapter if I was in a tight bind. But, I am even reluctant to go this way at the expense of having the lightening <-> USB-C adapter flake out while on the road.

In summary … When it comes to this type of situation, just trust that you should not compromise on getting the best cable and that this means you will end up with more than one type of cable.

JJW

I’ve never had a lot of luck with them but try searching for “multi use charging cable” (without the ").

Like @DrJJWMac I prefer the reliability of single use cables.

1 Like

This Reddit thread suggests there might be reasons that such a cable is unlikely to exist — in effect, Apple’s specs (for Lightning) wouldn’t allow an authorized version.

I didn’t read the whole thing, so maybe it would be possible to have a USB-C to USB-C cable with an attached USB-C to Lightning adapter … but it sounds like there might be real hurdles to doing this.

(Exits were me posting a perfect solution to a question the original post didn’t really ask.)

Rolling Square ChargeX should fit the bill. Either the short version that you can keep on a key chain, or the longer version if you need to range from your charger.

Oh, and it’s not very clearly explained, but the lightning/micro-usb is actually a cleverly designed single tip that fits both - it’s a little snug with micro-usb, but it does work

This is close, but the charging station power is USB-C, so what I am looking for is -

• Charging Station side = USB-C Connector
  • Device Side - Both USB-C and Lightning Connectors .

My goal is to avoid switching out cables as the charger will be built into the furniture when I am done. It will take 30 minutes and some swearing to dissemble the furniture and swap cables. This is a custom charging station project I’m working on.

There doesn’t seem to be a solution. Though I did find and order a USB-C to lightning adapter that is fairly new. It hasn’t been around long enough to have enough reviews to discern if it’s good solution or not.

Shrink wrap the multiple cables together as one for whatever length desired.

JJW

These are Apple cables we’re talking about. Please keep in mind that Apple and their licensees don’t know how to build a cable that lasts. Average lifespan for mine seems to be 6-9 months before fraying or connector malfunction sets in.

Compare that with any stupid micro-USB that ships with everything else. Those things NEVER break.

Just make sure you can easily replace the cables as needed.

Consider wireless charging… :thinking:

Just for another data point, this hasn’t been my experience. My Apple cables have become obsolete before they have had a chance to physically degrade or stop working.

Consider this thread marked as Solved - No Solution. I’m no longer following it.

I appreciate the ideas. There are currently no solutions available in the market.

Sorry I wasn’t watching the forum over the last few days.

The ChargeX that I posted can be either USB-A or USB-C on the power supply side and then either microUSB, lightning or USB-C on the other end.

The USB-C ends fit inside of the other ports - you just pull the end and flip it to the side - it doesn’t detach, just folds out of the way

And they support high power throughput.

Cheap solution is better than no solution.

https://www.alltech.com.au/en/home/556-usb-c-to-apple-lightning-8-pin-metallic-adapter-for-iphoneipad.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw07qDBhBxEiwA6pPbHqBv36IbhMF4TNXCNbXJcXULG8jiSWp-Xrjt6WSulBaFDZ2qK5j7XxoCC5gQAvD_BwE

I reviewed a kit that gives you this capability, but it’s a bit pricey. It’s from Pitaka, who generally make decent stuff, and I’ve had no issues with the sample product I was sent. Here’s a link to my review.

Pitaka Travel Kit