Is there a way to add Notion to the Mac Extension option

Is there a way to influence what applications can be shared via the Mac Extension menu?

I could have sworn that Evernote used to be available in here once. Why not ‘Notion’? I would prefer that ‘Notion’ is the application of my choice that should be in here and would allow me to share items with it.

Anyone know?

Screenshot_07_02_2024__13_27

Application developers have to create their own Share Extension and expose it to the Share sheet.

If it’s not there, it’s likely that Notion have not created one, potentially because (I’m guessing) Notion is an electron app, or uses some other cross platform framework, therefore not using native functionality.

6 Likes

While we’re on the subject , Skiff email has announced they are joining Notion.

1 Like

Looks like bad news for Skiff users:

As we begin to shift focus to our shared efforts with Notion, we will be closing down Skiff’s product suite after a 6-month sunset period We are deeply appreciative of the trust users have extended to us, and we are committed to honoring that trust by ensuring that all data on Skiff is easily exportable. For the next 6 months, Skiff services will continue to operate without disruption, and users can freely duplicate, migrate, or export data. You can now also set up a forwarding address to redirect mail to any other provider.

AI is just starting to disrupt the productivity software market and I have a feeling that 2024 will see a lot of changes.