Is there a way to create a Day One entry with Hazel and/or Automator?

Here is what I am looking to do: I am currently migrating 8k or so of notes out of Evernote. For my journal type stuff I settled on Day One. So now I am looking for a way to have Hazel / Automator / Apple Script etc. automatically create Day One entries for me. Ideally with a date and location as parsed out of Evernote and optionally with attachments (optionally meaning some notes do have attachments, others do not) .

Any ideas / help are much appreciated. Many thanks.

You may need to dig in here.

@bowline: Many thanks for your response and for pointing me towards this material. I will check this out for sure.

First question to get me started though: How do I go about installing the command line tool? Can I just paste the code into Terminal? Sorry for this beginner question.

Follow up question: If I paste this into terminal I get prompted for my password (as mentioned in the material). Unfortunately I can not type anything in there. Am I missing something?

First question to get me started though: How do I go about installing the command line tool? Can I just paste the code into Terminal?

You can paste this line in Terminal, it will ask you for your password and then it should be done.

Follow up question: If I paste this into terminal I get prompted for my password (as mentioned in the material). Unfortunately I can not type anything in there. Am I missing something?

You are typing, it is just not showing you what you are typing for security reasons. Just type your password and end with Return.

thanks @ptarh

Is it correct that I do not get any confirmation that it worked?

Just type “dayone2” in the terminal and press “Enter”. If you see an instruction about how you should use this tool it worked.