Is Tweetbot (others?) still useful? (Not Twitter itself, but clients)

Well, I’m baffled as to how Twitter is just adamant on making the user-experience worse by forcing users, almost, to use their app and then not improving the experience over an indie developer, who is what two guys working on Tweetbot, if that. Surely developers for Twitter must use the Twitter app themselves, and how they can’t improve on the user-experience just speaks to what kind of company twitter is now

to note, I edited my previous comment. I felt the previous state was too judging, for any company that provide web service and app. also I stand corrected that sometimes dedicated app will deliver better UX in certain area.

now to answer your original questions.

I don’t get the “Trends” sidebar to the right. maybe because I use iPad Mini, and the sidebar only appear in larger iPad resolution. So I cannot try for solution myself.

I searched the settings and cannot find any shortcut related configuration. I am aware that Tweetbot has the shortcut as you are expecting, but I guess it is design decision that often varies between apps.

Yes, open the app’s “Settings and privacy” (use ⌘, with keyboard), navigate to “Display and sound”, then activate “Media previews”.

1 Like

So, Tweetbot V6 is released and it has gone the subscription model. Any thoughts so far?

For me, I’m still a happy Twitterrific user. They have an ad-supported model. The app is tastefully display at the top.

See here: Tweetbot 6 for Twitter

1 Like