I've switched to Express VPN

I’ve previously mentioned my dislike/problems with Encrypt.Me, which I’ve been using
for many years. I recently tried ExpressVPN and I’m happy with it, so I’m cutting the cord on
Encrypt.me. (I’m not happy with their support staff too)

I used ExpressVPN while I was at work yesterday to listen to Spotify over wifi. When I tried this in the past with Encrypt.me, Encrypt.me would always drop the connection after some time. Their support said it isn’t possible to keep the VPN running continuously on iOS. Well, I did that most of the day with ExpressVPN. No problems at all.

I don’t think Express VPN doesn’t have as many VPN servers as Encrypt.me does, but I’ll live with that until it becomes a problem.

2 Likes

When I was trying to watch BBC from Australia, I had far more issues with Encrypt.me than ExpressVPN. I’d rather have few servers that work properly than lots of servers that don’t :upside_down_face:

There’s no shortcut support for ExpressVPN which is a bit annoying, I have some thoughts on Shortcuts that would enable VPN, but alas this doesn’t seem possible.

2 Likes

You might want to have a look here on this forum.

1 Like

I started using ExpressVPN after hearing about it in MPU adverts and reading favourable reviews. I subscribed via the App Store and after good experience renewed after the first year.
A strange issue has started during the last few weeks when ExpressVPN’s log-in page opens automatically and replaces the web page on which I am working. This can be frustrating if I am in the middle of completing a form. ExpressVPN has not been able to provide any explanation or solution.
My need for a VPN has decreased and with the web page problem I decided not to renew my sub. However, ExpressVPN no longer appears in the App Store (at least in the UK) and details of my subscription provide no “box” to cancel. ExpressVPN says I can only unsubscribe via the Apple Store. I cannot get straight answers from ExpressVPN and it looks like responses come from a chat bot.
Does anyone have any explanation or comments?