iVerify app - secure your iPhone?

Has anybody used the iVerify app? I came across it and it’s 2nd for paid apps in the utilities category. It looks like it could be useful.

Given how secure and locked down iOS is at the moment, I wonder what this app can really do for a user of this forum, especially for a fee. Color me highly suspicious.

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing. I couldn’t find anything recent about it. It seems like it’s for the casual user that isn’t as security conscience.

I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole. I can’t see that IOS needs a 3rd party app to look at security.

1 Like

I especially love the comment on the App Store page about 12:00am and 12:00pm when neither 12:00 is either am or pm. It’s either 12 Noon or 12 Midnight.

Nothing I would buy.

It gives nice tips to improve security, yes
Which you then have to manually set yourself (the app of course can’t)

Then scans its sandbox (cant go elsewhere) for signs of compromise.

The devs seem legit, but I’d hesitate to call it useful.

Dan Guido, the founder of Trail of Bits is well regarded in the information security community. The app is good for what it does and contains a lot of useful information about how to maintain your privacy and security when using i(Pad)OS devices.

Guido was the sponsor interviewee on episode 614 of the Risky Business security podcast if you want to hear him talk about it: Risky Business #614 -- So was it Florida Man or an Iranian APT? - Risky Business (The podcast itself is a great weekly security news source with delightfully snarky commentary by the hosts.)