Jony Ive's next gig: Airbnb

Interesting. This is to make some kind of showcase listing, or AirBNB-branded listings with a certain aesthetic? Ive hasn’t involved himself much with software design, right?

Thinking cynically, it may also add some gravitas to senior team for the IPO

2 Likes

Now all AirBnB’s will become empty, white spaces.

5 Likes

he’ll redesign door knobs and make them extremely thin, using a new, exciting (for him) scissor design.

We’ll experience “door knob gate” and complain

then Airbnb will return to regular door knobs…

FYI:
Also, door knobs will experience heat issues.

3 Likes

Actually staying at a lot of AirBnb’s places the majority need major help in interior designs :joy:

Software-wise they need a lot of help as well. For example, no way that I found to search for Private Bathroom so you have to page through the many Shared Bathrooms to find the Private Bathrooms. Now this is Database 101. Also cannot sort by price only set a range. I think a large percent of their money has been put in marketing and branding. Most programmers can whip a better app up over the weekend

1 Like

Aren’t Airbnb apartments and houses owned by private citizens? Is he going to work on the website design or something? Am I missing something?

1 Like

Hmm unless he does something out of left field I think he would have been better off designing vacuum cleaners and fans at https://www.dyson.com/en

1 Like

There’s some good discussion of Ive and AirBnB in the latest episode of Connected.

yeah! exactly my thoughts!