June 2021 Sales and Hardware/Software Deals

Unclutter is such a nice find, thanks!

Same sort of boat, oddly enough - although I didn’t reinstall it a couple OS revisions back. I remember thinking it was more of a “digital junk drawer”, so I abandoned it to try and make myself not rely on it.

But since then I’ve replaced it with other apps that do each of its functions, and (by memory) not as nicely for my use cases as Unclutter used to.

This thread is a good reminder to me that I should probably reinstall it and play around. :slight_smile:

The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
Kindle edition for $2.99 expired

After installing unclutter again, I remember why didn’t like it. Doesn’t have option to automatically clear memory/storage after say 24 hours like Alfred. Sometimes there are sensitive information like customer quotations, terms & conditions etc; preference is for auto clear after set period of time.

But that data is completely “on-device”, unless I have missed something? So only you would have access to it in any event? Would that still be a problem?

That said, in preferences, you can set it to only “hold” 10 items – and thus, any sensitive data would drop off the clipboard history pretty quickly. Whilst I do have the clipboard history pane, I really only use it in those instances where I am manipulating data inside Unclutter – where, for instance, I am copying/changing text from the Notes section of Unclutter. I too use Alfred as my “default” clipboard manager.

Lastly, whilst this might not work – note that you can also exclude certain apps, if those apps would typically be where the sensitive data arises from.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m aware of all those features :grinning:. Have 2 Macs and I sync data via storage on iCloud. Doesn’t matter if it’s 10 or whatever number if app doesn’t auto clear; Alfred has this ability. It’s just peace of mind to ensure data is cleared. Copied data comes from excel, word etc so won’t be excluding those. Unfortunately Unclutter doesn’t work for me.

1 Like

Fantastic book. Highly recommend.

Just wanted to post here about how much I’m loving a new app I discovered, called TextSniper (link here or non-affiliate link if you prefer those).

TextSniper does one thing and does it super well: you take a screenshot of text, TextSniper OCRS it, and places the text on your clipboard. It is so smooth and nifty and works like a charm, saving me tons of time each time I have non-selectable text. Just used it the other day and it reminded me of how great it was, so I wanted to share it with y’all while it’s one sale–just $4 over at Stacksocial.

3 Likes

Best Buy has the Magic Keyboard for the 12.9" iPad for $199 (normal price $349, save $150).

(They also currently have an “Open Box - Excellent Condition” one for $182.99.)

Apple Magic Keyboard for 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd Generation 2018) (4th Generation) MXQU2LL/A

Update: that deal seems to be “Today Only” (expires at midnight on June 19th, US/Eastern time).

1 Like

TextSniper is great, but if you have Keyboard Maestro you can get this “for free” by using either one of these Keyboard Maestro macros:

This is one I wrote:

This was written by another prolific member of the Keyboard Maestro community, and may have more features (I only learned about it after I had written mine):

1 Like

Isn’t this coming natively in Monterey and ios 15?

Yes, TextSniper was “Sherlocked” by this feature announcement, which is, I assume, why TextSniper is making a big push to get as many sales as possible now while people are talking about the feature but before it is freely available.

TextSniper will also work with older versions of macOS, which some people will find valuable.

2 Likes

only on Apple Silicon Macs for Monterey though, I believe.

Storytelling with Data: A Data Visualization Guide for Business Professionals by Cole Nussbaumer Knaflic
Kindle edition for $4.99 expired

1 Like

If anyone is looking for a jazz tinged space western with impressive reviews, Cowboy Bebop (the series) is currently $4.99 on iTunes . . .

3 Likes

HomePod mini at Costco - $85.

2 Likes

Could we stay with the threads stated purpose? Books and music don’t belong here imo.

Personally, I consider those to be covered under the phrase “sales” - at least as long as the items are potentially of general interest to the geeky sort that typically listens to MPU. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It says Sales - So falls under blanket sales :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve bought books that somebody mentioned on a prior deal thread.

3 Likes