Just discovered I can drag Apple Mail Message to Reminders-creates link

Most of you probably already know this but for those who may not I thought I would share this small discovery. I received an email notice of an AMX charge for a new subscription that I want to be sure to cancel in 6 months. On a lark I thought I’d try to drag the email into the Reminders app to save me typing. Sure enough, it worked perfectly and created a link back to the email message (Apple Mail) for reference. This plus the upcoming updates to Reminders makes Reminders my default for personal to-do items. Because I have large teams and projects I use Asana for my work projects/tasks.

4 Likes

Thanks! Yes, even on iPad it yields the equivalent of “Hey Siri, Remind me about this.” Thanks for sharing!

This is genuinely useful, thanks. I’ve switched back to reminders recently because I don’t have the needs of an advanced task manager at the moment (especially as I use Basecamp for managing my different work teams).

I find it much less time consuming than either Omnifocus or Things. I intend to stick to it because I like the integration with Apple Watch and the simple Mac interface (especially with the sidebar off, and the ability to flick through the lists with the touchpad).

I hope the updates maintain the simple nature of reminders, while making all the promised enhancements (which do sound great).

1 Like

the sharesheet in mail.app?

Sounds like your workflow is much like mine. I tried OF but it does not work if one has large teams and many projects across those teams. I use Asana because of its portfolio feature and I can create the equivalent of OF Perspectives using the custom fields and saved search feature. Like Basecamp, I am able to keep all projects, tasks, assignments, conversations, documents, and more in one central location for all teams, direct reports, and projects. I don’t need the complexity of OF for personal and home projects so Reminders works just fine.