Just installed eero + 2 beacons - love it!

Just installed eero WiFi in my house. My only regret is not doing it sooner.

3 Likes

I’ve had an five-Eero mesh running continually for 3 years – it is totally reliable 24x365. Enjoy!

1 Like

I wish I could get the Eero in the UK.

A question about the Eero setup -

I have my own DHCP / DNS server on my network that serves up IP addresses for both wired and wifi devices.

Does the Eero expect to be the DHCP / DNS server for the network? I had tried the Google mesh system and it expected to serve all IPs and couldn’t just be an access point bridge to the existing network.

It it has to be the DHCP / DNS server, can it be set up to serve fixed IP addresses for the network?

Thanks!

I live in Malaysia. I asked friends from US to buy Eero. It works in my country, so you could try and import it. Eero Plus will not work though.

The devices will tecnically work in other geographies. The issue is with the radio frequencies used. These are commonly regulated by each country / region, so imported equipment may interfere with (or be disturbed by) other radio based equipment in your location. If your privately imported Eero starts broadcasting on a frequency officially reserved for other purposes (military, law enforcement, medical equipment etc) you could possibly draw some attention.

True. Eero broadcast at 2.4Ghz and 5.5Ghz, which are the same frequencies as all WiFi router sold in my country. I think it’s safe. Unless, there’s some unknown frequencies being secretly broadcasted.

1 Like

As it’s now owned by Amazon and assuming there’s another hardware update then it could be released over here.

I don’t think it would be any good for me though as I get IPTV channels and routers that support IGMP in the way that the ISP needs are rare.

I’m going to invest in the BT whole home wi-fi this week which creates a mesh network at home without needing to replace the router.

My Eero is connected via ethernet to the router, and Eero is configured to bridge.

See other options here

With bridge mode, Eero plus is not active – these are features that do not matter to me, but they might to you:

Zettelkasten From their website:

WiFi connectivity

eero Pro:

Tri-band WiFi radios, simultaneous 2.4GHz, 5.2GHz, and 5.8GHz wireless

2x2 MU-MIMO, beamforming, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac

eero Beacon:

Dual-band WiFi radios, simultaneous 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless

2x2 MU-MIMO, beamforming, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac

And:

Customers will also need a US/Canada phone number to log into the eero app, so without that, you will not be able to set up or manage your eero WiFi system.

Excellent - thanks for the information! Looks like it would be a candidate for my use

Maybe not? The phone number is used for two-factor authentication. Receiving the authentication info via email is also supported. It might be possible to configure Eero using a U.S.-style directory assistance number (e.g., 609-555-1212), add an email address, and tell Eero to use email for two-factor authentication.

(Not a hack I’m able to do from where I am, but it might be possible.)

1 Like

Would it be better to get three eeros connected wirelessly to each other, two of them wired to Apple TVs, or an eero and two beacons, with the beacons near the Apple TVs?

Have not regretted our switch last year. Simplest and least fuss of any router I’ve owned.

I installed a three Eero system last summer (I needed the extra ethernet ports on the APs) and cannot be happier with the system. I have no problem building complex wired or wireless networks if I have to, but when I’m dealing with home networking, I truly love the it-just-works nature of Eero. It’s that good.

1 Like