Keyboard Shortcut to Save Images from a PowerPoint Presentation

I have a PowerPoint presentation with dozens of images (headshots) in it. I want to save each headshot as a .jpg so I can easily use it again in other places. The way I’ve been doing it is to select the image, and from the menu that appears (screenshot attached, I think), click on Save as Picture… I’d like to have a shortcut (shift + cmd + 5) so when I have selected the image and invoke the shortcut, the save-as dialog box opens. I have Alfred and Keyboard Maestro, but am a real novice … Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!!
05%20PM|278x50005%20PM

What format is the PowerPoint file? PPT or PPTX. If PPTX, you could just rename it from “presentation.pptx” to “presentation.zip” and then open it with TheUnarchiver. Finder does not unzip it properly. You will then have a folder called “presentation”. Look in presentation/ppt/media to find all your images.

2 Likes

Sorry for the late response. I did as you suggested. When I right-clicked and selected Open with>TheUnarchiver, all it gave me was the original PowerPoint file. I don’t see any option to find /ppt/media to find all your images. What am I missing? Thanks again for your help…
Sandy

Screenshot attached.20%20AM

Try again on the file called 2018-07-24 - Vote Smart - No Notes.pptx

Very helpful! Worked a charm. shame it saves the images sans line format (I’d given all of my pictures thick, 3D lines and drop shadows). Thanks for the method anyway though.

Good tip @jahala. Does this also work on other Microsoft files such as DOCX?

It works on all the X and M formats: pptx, pptm, potx, potm, xlsx, xlsm, xltx, xltm, docx, docm, dotx, dotm

1 Like