Keyboard Shortcuts on MacOS

SF Symbols provides a nice range of Icons.

Also you can use every App-Icon by just searching for them within Finder.
Image2Icon converts Images into Icons

I have a StreamDeck too. It sits idle waiting for me to find a use for it.
Ergonomically, it’s better for me to stay on home row, rather than reaching around for things.

Weird. All I can say is that I’ve used it for months without such a paywall. They’re explicit about resources being free for personal use:

They do advertise for Adobe. Maybe you hit a modal or popup you could’ve dismissed?

Edit: Screenshot’s not very useful. Here’s a quote:

Flaticon License

Free for personal and commercial purpose with attribution.

My StreamDeck just stopped working. It appears every so often I need to plug and unplug the cable. Who knows why.

1 Like

I figured it out. The top two rows of results are an adobe ad :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree, however I put most of my stuff in KM on palettes and find that works well. It really is a neglected feature of KM it seems, it is at the center of my strategy. I even now have some snippets on them.

2 Likes

I am on Monterey and this workflow does not seem to work with Monterey. Just wondering how did you manage to get it to work?

@Topre

I haven’t quite got to the stage of trying things yet. So you’re a step ahead of me. I do note the workflow creator did respond to questions in 2020, so asking on the Alfred forum might score a win.

1 Like

Ah, ok. I’ll try that. Thanks.

I’ve been using this workflow for awhile. When one of the Monterey updates came along, I think I had to manually update the python path in the script filter. Had to do this with a bunch of workflows. Some were easy, some were beyond me :slight_smile:

See here:

1 Like

Is their an app that lets you search to find what key commands you have already assigned to help identify conflicts?

1 Like

I wish this existed. I don’t think so since I assume apps just grab key events. Worse I suspect it would harder to observe key commands that operate only inside an app. Example the convention of CMD+K for a link is the sort of pattern I was originally looking for when I started this mad mad quest. I was hoping someone, maybe Ryan, would have spotted a series of very clever patterns that I could reuse.

Have you tried this? It offers try-before-you-buy with a free download.

Thanks. I’ll have a look.

Somehow, the key combo I use to launch Houdahspot has also started launching a Google search in Safari. This happens only on one of the machines I use otherwise I would just change the key combo for Houdaspot.

The free utility ShortcutDetective also reveals which apps are responding to keyboard shortcuts.

(scroll about halfway down to find it)

https://www.irradiatedsoftware.com/labs/

1 Like

Been using Paletro for a while now:

My Stream deck is more thanks to button creator.

Stream deck button creator looks interesting. Can app create wallpaper for stream deck too?

Thanks! That seems do the right sort of thing.

Note that KeyCue allows one to add the shortcuts they create. On of the box it shows the existing system shortcuts, but as you add your own you can add them to KeyCue.

The app name is a bit of a misnomer, as it is a general icon maker. I use it it to create buttons for TouchPortal.