Keychain v. 1Password

's all good. I kind of egged you on by trying to understand too. No harm, no foul!

1 Like

getting back on topic - I am stuck on Mojave for a while so maybe things are different with Keycahin.

With 1PW, it is so easy to replace/update a password and generate a new one with specific requirements. This seemed a bit clumsy in Keycahin. Has this been updated with the latest OS?

And if you later change your mind? I’ve only tried to export info from Keychain twice, and both times the items I wanted could not be exported. FWIW I don’t keep any website or app passwords in Keychain.

1 Like

FWIW I’ve wondered about this 1P/Keychain issue quite often but my take on it is as follows:

• 1Password is a focused tool and who knows what apple might do with Keychain.
  • 1Password recently introduced the password sharing feature and I’ve tried it once - it’s great!
  • I use both 1P and Keychain and, while its annoying to have two sometimes, I figure its better to have both in case something gets missed, lost, etc.
  • 1Password is cross-platform and that’s useful but, more importantly, allows you to have shared vaults and those have become invaluable for use with work and (less often) family.

Bottom line: Stick with 1Password if you can. They’re pretty focused on improving the tool since it’s their main bread and butter.

3 Likes