Keynote disappointment

I think the phone category are reaching a flattening of the technology curve. To me the best enhancements in the phone was on the camera.

But the watches on the other hand are amazing with the first electrocardiogram, plus thinner and 30% bigger screen real estate. I have not purchase an Apple watch to date but all the health monitoring has tipped by purchasing point and I will be buying one soon

I see it this way: no need to upgrade my iPhone X. So all i need to buy this year (so far) is an Apple Watch - my series 1 is getting old/slow…nothing to be disappointed about for me or my wallet.

iPhone Xs Max have Touch ID

Um, nope.

Maybe you’re thinking of 3D Touch.

Hi, the annual iPhone keynote is almost never polluted by another product ready to be shipped.
So it’s very likely that’ll be another keynote for the brand new bezel less iPads and maybe the reboot of MacBook/Air.
I’ll keep my iPhone 7 (RED) for now even if the big screen of an iPhone XR would be nice.
My 11"MBA won’t go anywhere but I’m ready for a very cool iPad…
Apple take my money !

Apple’s release of iOS 12.1 references ‘iPadFall2018’ so we’re definitely seeing new machines in a matter of weeks. The latest iOS beta supports simulated 4K displays, implying an upcoming iPad Pro with USB-C that can use an external monitor.

1 Like

Could also just be a new Lightning to HDMI adapter that supports 4K.

(I’d love an iPad with USB-C, I’m just trying not to get my hopes up too high)

My understanding is that Lightning doesn’t offer the throughput; it only supports USB 3.0 speeds. Moreover, Ming-Chi Kuo already said a few weeks ago (to the surprise of many) that the new iPad Pros would have USB Type-C, so it makes sense.

Well, current Lightning might not have the bandwidth, but I wouldn’t but it past Apple to redesign their proprietary port to work with 4K video rather than supporting USB-C.

We’ll find out for sure in a matter of days, but I bet this is real and that Apple moves the Pro iPads to parity with Macbooks, allowing external displays now and perhaps mice/trackpads in a future iOS release. Lightning devices (like current headphones) could be connected with (yet another) dongle - Apple already sells a USB-C to (male) Lightning Cable, a USB-C to Lightning Port sholdn’t be problematic.

I bet we see an Apple docking solution as well, sooner than later.

Looking forward a couple of years this change to USB-C would make perfect sense to lead into dual-boot/Dual-OS systems, something Apple has never denied (as they have to dampen chatter about merging OSes).