Keynote Templates

I’m getting bored with the stock Keynote templates and don’t have time to create my own. I have started in PP and then open in Keynote, but that’s less than satisfactory. I have also Google searched and not come up with anything good. Suggestions?

If you’re willing to pay, I liked the toolbox products that Jumsoft has (in the App Store). I have also purchased from Envato and liked what I got there.

Jumsoft here, too.

I didn’t buy this for the templates because I like to keep my themes very simple. It has a huge variety of graphic elements I wanted to use (e.g., maps) but I have browsed trhough the templates and there are many.

I too use Jumsoft but I have also significantly reduced the times I use slides. I am reverting more and more to stories and verbal non-slide presentations. Sometimes a slide is helpful but in my ipinion we have relied on them too much, at least I have. @Quahog, my comments are not directed at you or anyone else. :slight_smile: I’m merely sharing a transition I’ve been making and it seems to work just as well and often better than presentations with slides.

I too use Jumsoft but I have also significantly reduced the times I use slides. I am reverting more and more to stories and verbal non-slide presentations. Sometimes a slide is helpful but in my ipinion we have relied on them too much, at least I have. My comments are not directed at you or anyone else. :slight_smile: I’m merely sharing a transition I’ve been making and it seems to work just as well and often better than presentations with slides.

1 Like

I still use slides, but I have very few words on them, a la Steve Jobs. Bullet lists are rare in my presentations almost all are diagrams, graphics, etc.

Agreed, I usually have few words and lots of pictures. Here is an example (strategic planning slide) and one exception where I use more words with images to convey a major point about the relationship between emotions/intuition and the intellect in the teaching/learning process. But as I said before, I have reduced the slides I use.

I appreciate the info. I am an experienced presenter and agree there are times when a slide show is not appropriate. I do like it, however, to help focus the audience (or students) on key points. I look forward to experimenting with some new templates.

I use very minimalist slides, often just a picture taking up the whole slide. Photos and short video help bring attention back to the front of the room. I figure I have to help people “re-attend” every 4-5 minutes. I regularly teach a workshop called “Don’t be Dull” that focuses on graphics and video to enhance presentation and help keep attention. In my view, today’s biggest challenge is getting and keeping attention.

I like the phrase, “re-attend.” That is a great way to think of a presentation!

1 Like