Here’s my home office setup! I’m a data visualization consultant and travel a lot but otherwise, I “pay for my shoes” (as David says) right here. A big screen is probably the most important aspect to me. I hope Apple makes a display SOON!
Laptop (A): MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) complete with sticking
External Display (B): LG 5K Ultrafine
- VESA Arm: North Bayou Arm for 17"-27" Monitor
- Keyboard ©: Logitech Craft (love it so far but just got this so can’t give a solid opinion yet)
- Mouse (D): Logitech MX Master 2S (graphite)
- iPad (E): iPad Pro (12.9-inch, Mid 2017) (space gray, 64GB, WiFi only, Smart Keyboard)
- Mic (F): Yeti Blue USB Microphone - Blackout Edition (really wanting to get the Compass arm for it)
- Ear buds (G): AirPods
- Over-ear (H): Beats Studio3 Wireless (matte black)
- Headphone stand: Twelve South Fermata (black)
- Pencil Stand (I): Thankscase Charging Dock (jet black)
Bullet Journal (J): Leuchtturm 1917 Medium Hardcover (anthracite, dot grid)
- Pencil: Dixon Ticonderoga No. 2 HB (favorite thing to write with)
- Qi Charger: Native Union DROP
- Watch Charger: Orzly Compact Stand (black)
- Water bottle (K): YETI Rambler (black, 26oz)
- Laptop shelf (L): FITUEYES Riser
- Chair (M): Humanscale Freedom with Headrest
Mounted under desk
- Server: Mac Mini (newest gen but not even linking given how old it is)
- Cable Management: IKEA SIGNUM
Things I like most about this setup
- Only one USB-C cable to plug MacBook into for power, video, data.
- The laptop shelf elevates my laptop to a better height and the keyboard can easily be slide under it to make room for non-computing tasks.
- Room beneath the external monitor to put iPad and other items.
Photo taken with iPhone X (not on the iOS 12 beta, but so tempted!). Desk is from West Elm but I don’t believe they make it anymore.
Open to any suggestions for improvements! Let me know if you have questions about any of the above!