Kindle Oasis vs Paperwhite

If you are happy with the paperwhite and your only complaint is the battery, then get a newer paperwhite. They usually improve the screen brightness and performance with upgrades, so I’ll stick with the devil you know.

I tried the Oasis 2 years ago and returned it. I did like the form factor or buttons on it. If I remember correctly , it did auto-rotate text , which was nice.

I went back to my paperwhite ( 7th gen, 2017 ) and I’m happy with it.

This thread prompted me to check out the currently available PW and Oasis kindles.

PW is on gen 10 ( 2018), but I don’t know what improvements were made over mine.
Oasis on on Gen 10 ( 2019).

What surprises me is that they haven’t updated them in a while, and both are still micro(or is it mini? ) USB connectors. The next versions of both should have USB-C , but who knows when they will be released.

I’m tempted by the Boox—a color e-ink tablet

https://www.boox.com/nova3color/

The boox seems to combine an ebook reader and notebook. Runs Android so I bet you can use whatever ebook app you like, and pocket too. Take notes while you read.

Jason Snell was previously a vocal Kindle advocate so his switch to Kobo is noteworthy.

1 Like

I had two PW before buying an Oasis. I really love it - the bigger screen is really a plus.

But you can’t go wrong with the PW either. They are both great devices.

2 Likes

It seems Amazon Warehouse still sell used Voyage. I have not both anything used from Amazon “warehouse” before. How good are the devices from there?

Oasis 9th Gen 32GB for just $169 at woot.com