Label printing on MacOS

What do people use on MacOS for printing labels?

I need to print a lot of address labels, so I may as well get off on the right foot. The SW should be able to allow the user to specify the size of the label, and optionally save some preset address configurations.

Thanks

I use a small dymo thermal printer. Labels are on reels rather than sheets. Loads of different sizes and easy to swap the reels when needed.

Software isn’t great but it works.

My needs aren’t complex but my handwriting is awful (hence address labels)

1 Like

Avery has downloadable templates for Word for all their labels, also PDF, various Adobe formats, Pages.

2 Likes

Dont even bother with Avery labels in your regular printer. Go straight for a Dymo label printer! +10K positive ratings cant be wrong :wink:

2 Likes

Same here. It’s a wonder the post office can even deliver the things I send :wink:

If I was going to be doing a big batch occasionally I would go with Avery. If I was going to be doing small quantities more frequently I would go with Dymo.

1 Like

I use the dymo labeler for much more then envelopes.
Labels with info on equipment, storage boxes, etc etc

1 Like

Another vote for the Dymo Labeler. I found it more convenient to use than printing with Avery labels in my printer.

2 Likes

I use the Avery templates with my printer, but I probably only print a handful of labels a month.

1 Like

Is there a particular model of the Dymo that’s recommended? Anybody printing to one over a shared connection?

Just use Avery. It couldn’t be easier!

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t see this back in February.

This is sort of a round about way but I use Swift Publishers and it is pretty much all set up for you. Rather fun, too.

I went with a model in the Brother QL line (QL-800). Unlike Dymo, you don’t even need to use the manufacturer’s software if you don’t mind writing a little Python code; all made possible by the brother_ql library. You can see an example of my code here. The provided software is “okay” (not great), but it gets the job done. If you use the right type of rolls, some models even support two color (black and red) printing.

2 Likes