Landscape and Portrait Mode on Monitors

Dear MPU Community

I have a 2016 MBP 13" touch bar and I regularly work on a clamshell mode with a 23" DELL monitor (P2317h) at the office on a Landscape orientation. I have the opportunity to add a second DELL monitor (a little bit smaller P2217h) and I was thinking on using it on portrait orientation, as such I wonder if my Mac can handle it. The second monitor will be an extension of the main the mirrors my mac.

some additional information about my Mac (10.13.6)

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports), 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5, 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3, Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB

Many thanks

I comfortably run 2 externals off my mid-2015 15" MBP, so cannot see you having any issues with a 2016 MBP. You’ll just need to check the monitor’s connection options.

I had the 2016 MBP with the 2.9. Two monitors work fine. This is the same setup, but I now have a 2018 MBP

Thanks for the prompt reply, regarding the connection both are HDMi but I have adaptors to USB-C in both cases.

Regards

Francisco

I have one 4K dell using DisplayPort. The other is using a mini hub with HDMI.

Thanks for the suggestion, I already have the " USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter" from Apple … so far so good… however, In the near future I will be looking for a Hub that allows me to have 2 HDMI connected at the same time, below a photo of the display arrangement at work… :wink:

qQv9bYA7TRO%20Iu%20a%20xszCw

1 Like