Listen Later for Apple Music

Is there a “listen later” workflow for music?

Here’s an example of a scenario that happens every so often:

• The other day I heard a delightful version of The Beatles Hey Jude on Ted Lasso.
  • I googled and discovered it was from a guy called Alex Vargas.
  • I found the guy on Apple Music … and.
  • I decided I’d like to listen to more of his music later (because I was still watching Ted Lasson).
  • But, since I probably won’t open apple music for days or weeks … I couldn’t find a way to do this.

Any suggestions?

I use a Music Box for this exact thing. ‎MusicBox: Save Music for Later on the App Store

6 Likes

(1) Add the song to an aptly named playlist.

(2) Save the google result in your Weekly Note or tomorrow’s Daily Note.

(3) Put the google result high up on your Safari Start Page.

(4) Add a bookmark to an aptly named Bookmark folder.

Hey Siri, play Hey Jude by Alex Vargas

1 Like

Come on, that doesn’t work, does it? :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks but that doesn’t help me … remember to say that.

It’s the remembering that’s the problem, not the ability to play a song.

(Though, unfortunately, I’ve found that Siri is more likely to tell me that overcast doesn’t have a podcast called Hey Jude" than open music.)

2 Likes

(1) Add the song to an aptly named playlist.

Thanks … I think 1 might work, although I suspect / worry I will forget the name of the playlist by the time this next happens.

1 Like

oooooh. I’ll go take a look. thankx.

I read Clarke’s post, said it to my HomePod, and was actually shocked when it worked :grinning:

I’m jealous! I mostly listen to Bruce Springsteen, and it really saddens me when I say “Siri Play Bruce Springsteen”, and it can’t do it.

1 Like

If you use Shazam (the full app) to identify tracks you heard, it will automatically add them to the Shazam playlist in Apple Music.

1 Like

I use Shazam to identify the music - which it generally does - and Shazam remembers my searches and adds them to an Apple Music folder automatically.

Another vote for MusicBox, @Clarke_Ching . I think it will do just what you want and more since you can also do stuff like rating music, tagging it, using ‘smart searches’, etc. I often encounter music I want to check out on my Mac, quickly add it to MusicBox, and then it’s nice that I can open up the app on my iPhone or iPad and it’s immediately available there.

2 Likes

I will third MusicBox. It is the correct answer here.

2 Likes

Sold! Thanks. Having it on the Mac is extra handy too.

Name the playlist Listen Later. Treat it as a holding zone for curation.

2 Likes

MusicBox is what I use too. :notes:

1 Like