Listening - Recreational and Monitoring

Hey MPU!

Today’s question of the day!

For recording, I assume many may have their headphones straight into an external audio device (like Focusrite, Tascam, etc) to get your audio into your favorite DAW, and your output directly via this same interface?

Do you use the same interface and setup when you recreationally are using the same computer for watching YouTube, listening to music online, or Netflix?

Or do you use other cheap headphones directly to the output of your computer? (without the external interface like Focusrite, Tascam, etc)

Just wondering!

I play through the Focusrite to my cheapish speakers so I have as few components to worry about as possible.

I mostly play for enjoyment. I stream lossless through an external headphone DAC/amp to a nice pair of open back AKG studio cans.

For monitoring, I will attach headphones directly to the recording interface.

I don’t. I have a dedicated setup for recording and editing only, and once I’ve configured it to its optimal state, I leave it alone, don’t update it, and don’t use it for any other purpose so that I know it’s going to work the way I expect it to the next time I touch it.